Terms and conditions for the use of UWE Bristol Alumni Connect
- Further conditions of use
- Registration and passwords
- Acceptable and safe use of site
- Intellectual property
- Reporting abuse
- Contact details
These terms apply to the entire content of this Alumni Connect web site. By using the site, you are accepting the terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this site. UWE Bristol (the University) updates these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here, and may be given without notice.
You further agree that these terms are also enforceable by the web site supplier and service provider, Aluminati Network Group (Aluminati), who host these pages on our behalf. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms.
Throughout these terms we may use the definition ‘we’ or ‘us’ to refer to terms set and applied by both the University and Aluminati.
Further conditions of use
While we try to ensure that the information on this web site is accurate at the time of publication, it does not warrant that this is the case. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the material on this web site is provided "as is", and without warranties, conditions or other terms of any kind.
The University permits its students and staff to maintain personal pages on this web site. Any views expressed on these pages do not necessarily represent the views of the University.
This web site contains links to many external web sites which are not affiliated with the University. The University is not responsible for and has no control over these sites, and links to external sites should not be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of the external site's information, products or services.
Registration and passwords
You will not provide any false registration or account information about yourself and/or your organisation and will not create an account for anyone other than yourself.
You will not use our site if you are under 18.
Your user password and any other piece of information provided as part of our security procedures is confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. You must notify us if you suspect that your account has been compromised.
We will never ask you for your password. Passwords are stored in encrypted form.
Acceptable and safe use of the site
You must not use this web site or any facilities or information which are available through it to:
- Misrepresent your identity
- Hack, or attempt to hack, any part of the web site or any system used to run it
- Store personal data derived from the web site
- Post material that is obscene, offensive, or otherwise unlawful
- Technically harm the web site and/or its systems (including, without limitation, computer viruses or malicious software or harmful data)
- Violate the rights of another, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights of another
- Share any harassing, libellous, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, tortuous, racist or otherwise objectionable material of any format (including text, photos or images)
- Send any unsolicited mass distribution of marketing or other materials or communications
While the University tries to make this web site available 24 hours a day, it reserves the right to suspend or withdraw access, without notice, to either the whole or part of the web site, for any reason. We can also withdraw content that we deem to be inappropriate.
Any information you share on the site (either by message or within your profile) must be accurate, lawful and not violate any rights of third parties. It is assumed you own any material which you share on the site. We accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of the site by unauthorised third parties.
We encourage you to report to us abuses of Alumni Connect by other users. Such abuses specifically include:
- Breaching these terms and conditions, including those stipulated in the mentoring code of conduct
- Passing off as a rightful member of the UWE Bristol community when they are not
- Sending emails containing malicious software or unsolicited commercial content (or any other message that would normally be classified as SPAM).
Please report any abuse to email@example.com.
Whilst we have technologies in place to increase the safety and reliability of users' data, we shall not be responsible for storing any information or materials on your behalf. You’re advised to maintain backup copies of your important data. We accept no liability for any loss caused by your data being lost, corrupted or temporarily unavailable.
For any enquiries, complaints regarding content and intellectual property regarding Alumni Connect contact use
Alumni Engagement and Development Team
You agree, as we do, to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts except that either or both the University and Aluminati may bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.